Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Class 301

Class 3, Intro to Acting. My Mentor this quarter is Dimos Vrysellas. He has an extensive background in animation and seems to be an all around highly energetic guy. Our first class got right into acting and animation, a lot of good stuff. My first assignment is to do a pantomime shot with stewie having two distinct and contrasting "beats" that tell a basic story. So basically having him change his emotional state in a shot and showing that internal thought process and how it comes out in the acting and animation. The sky is the limit with this assignment. I thought of a bunch of ideas. One idea I had that I wanted to do was having Stewie all anxious and excited about a blind date, but when he finally goes to open the door and sees her he is horrified and afraid by her appearance. He then slams the door only to open it again to throw out the bouquet of flowers he is holding. I thought that could have had some funny business, but decided it might be way too long as well as hard to make the girl stewie look really ugly since the model only has two eyes and a round head. So in the end I choose to do something simple. Stewie is going through his mail and comes across a letter that he never anticipated. He jumps up and runs off excited waving it in the air to show his other Stewies I suppose. So here is my planning for that Idea.



1 comment:

אוריאל said...

Hi, I liked your sketch a lot and I would like to know if I can use part of it in my website.
I'll appreciate your quick response.

Uriel
email: webmaster at greetingstext.com



I saw your sketch here:
http://images.google.co.il/imgres?imgurl=http://www.justsomeanimator.com/website/misc/AM/am_week5_sketch.jpg&imgrefurl=http://justsomeanimationmentor.blogspot.com/2007/02/week-5.html&h=776&w=891&sz=140&hl=iw&start=8&sig2=hmYGtX18kiFilEJIXj04vg&um=1&tbnid=N7n72VxGgjsTHM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=146&ei=23JZSK6pL4PqwwHhhOTDCQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpeople%2Bsketch%26um%3D1%26hl%3Diw%26rlz%3D1B3GGGL_iwIL275IL276%26sa%3DN